What to have for lunch today from my permaculture garden?
4 large handfuls of nettles
4 large Chard leaves
2 large potatoes sliced thinly
2 vegetable stock cubes
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of chopped dill
Salt and pepper to taste
- With rubber or latex gloves, wash and rinse stinging nettle and chard.
- Chop the chard.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion to pan and cook until starting to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and potatoes to pan, cook for 5 minutes over medium heat stirring every minute or so until potatoes begin to stick.
- Add nettles and chard to pan.
- Add stock to pan, bring to boil and then simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes and nettle stems are soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Use a hand blender to puree all ingredients into a smooth soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped dill.
- Serve with goats yogurt and sourdough.